- Where can I purchase my tickets? Are they only valid for the same day?
You can reserve tickets directly via our site www.milandes.com or purchase them at the front desk at the entrance to the castle. Tickets purchased on site are only valid for the day and date chosen and cannot be used for another date during the season.
- Does buying a ticket online eliminate waiting in a queue at the entrance?
Purchasing online allows you to go directly to « Cashdesk 2 » (you may encounter a small queue at busy periods). Your vouchers will then be scanned and entrance tickets issued to you. It is preferable to download or print your vouchers received by email in advance as this speeds up your entry into the castle grounds.
- Can I present my web voucher on my smartphone?
Yes. You will need to download the PDF file received by email with your vouchers in advance. Please note that screenshots or photos do not allow ticket scanning.
- What payment methods are accepted at the cashdesk?
You can pay by either Cash or Credit card (American Express is not accepted). NEW ! The Pass Périgord which allows you to benefit from several advantages.
- What is the minimum number of people to qualify for a group rate?
From 15 adults upwards is classed as a group rate.
- Do you receive a ticket reduction if you visit frequently ?
For our visitors who visit us several times a year, we suggest our loyalty card which is valid for two years.
- Are animals accepted?
No, unfortunately animals are prohibited for safety reasons (incompatibility with our birds of prey). However, for our visually impaired visitors, guide-dogs are permitted in all areas except at the Bird of Prey demonstration.
- After purchasing a ticket, can you leave and return later in the day?
Any exit is considered final. However, it is possible to retrieve an item or a picnic hamper from the car (within 15 minutes) and return by producing your entrance ticket.
- Can I access the shop and / or restaurant without an entrance ticket?
Our brasserie is reserved for our visitors therefore it is mandatory to pay the entrance fee. The castle gift shop however can be accessed without paying an entrance ticket. Please signal this to our friendly reception staff.
- Do we have to make a reservation for lunch at the brasserie?
No, we do not take reservations at the brasserie. Lunch is served from 12.00pm to 3.00pm throughout the season. During July and August, there is an additional service from 3.00pm to 4.00pm where we serve snacks. We advise you to lunch between 1.45pm and 2.15pm during peak months.
- Are the gardens accessible to pushchairs?
Only the interior of the castle is not accessible to pushchairs. These can be parked under the the stone arches outside the castle shop next to the castle entrance.
- Can we purchase a ticket for the gardens?
The ticket is a global one that gives you access to the castle, and gardens. You may just visit the gardens but the price will remain the same.
- How long should we allow for our visit?
We recommend that you allow at least 2 to 3 hours as there is a lot to see and do. Alternatively, you can spend a morning, afternoon or a complete day taking advantage of the many activities on offer at Château & Jardin des Milandes.
- Can I have a picnic in the garden?
Yes, picnic tables are set up in one section of the garden. This is the only area of the estate that you are allowed to picnic.
- Can we smoke in the gardens?
Smoking is prohibited during your visit around the castle but is permitted in all outside areas provided the cigarette ends are deposited in the ashtrays provided.
- Is it possible to take photos at Les Milandes?
Photos are prohibited inside the Castle due to the excessive number of unpublished and non-copyright photographic documents. However, photos outside are permitted in all outside areas as well as at the Bird of Prey demonstration (without flash).
- Should I reserve my place for the Bird of Prey demonstration?
No, you just need to arrive 15 to 30mins before the demonstration begins.
- Is the Bird of Prey demonstration covered? Can it be cancelled at the last minute?
The performance area is an open and uncoverd area to the rear of the castle. Please take special care during the summer months as it is in full sunshine! If the weather is too unstable (heavy rain or strong winds), the demonstration may be cancelled at the last minute.
- Can we attend the demonstration when it is in progress?
No, for security reasons, it is not possible to enter this area once it has started. We recommend that you arrive 15 to 30 minutes prior to the start of one of the demonstrations.
- Does Château & Jardin des Milandes offer accommodation?
No, but we invite you to contact the Sarlat Tourist Office who will assist you with your accommodation search near the Château des Milandes.
- Can motorhomes spend the night in the castle car park?
No, the parking at Château & Jardin des Milandes is private. Please do not hesitate to inquire with our friendly reception staff who will give you the nearest campervan sites (La ferme des Bois d´Enveaux: 05 53 29 24 45)